What is Vicodin 75/750mg?
Vicodin 75/750mg comes under in the drug class group known as opioids. Therefore, it functions by diverting the brain from the pain sector by blinding receptors. Being an opioid, it has the potential to affect mental and physical health in long term manner. Therefore, use this medication for the directed phase without manipulation. However, if the necessity comes so the doctor may enhance the treatment duration.
Vicodin 75/750mg is one of the lower subsets of its family. However, all the subsets have the same primary goal, i.e., treating the discomfort in pain. Although each subset’s chemical composition may vary in functioning, each has a different active element ratio. Therefore, to know about your adequate dosage, take the medical consultation with the doctor.
FDA-approved treatment and chemical configuration-
As per the chemical configuration, Vicodin has two major active elements that are acetaminophen and hydrocodone. These elements enable it to function inside the system. However, the role of both active element is different, to know read below-
- Hydrocodone survives as the opioid pain killer and functions by blinding the specific receptors in the brain. Hence, it helps to treat the ongoing acute to chronic pain in adults.
- In contrast, acetaminophen comes as a non-opioid pain killer, and its properties function to maintain the moderate temperature of the body. In short, it reduces fever.
The composition of both elements in this medicine is different. Acetaminophen is in 75mg, whereas hydrocodone is in 750mg.
The FDA-approved goal of this medicine is to treat moderate to severe pain in adults. However, it can be used for the treatments that are not mentioned below. Although, you should not consume for any purpose that is not available here. If you do so, you may meet the opposite effects of Vicodin 75/750mg.
Short-term effects of Vicodin-
- At the initial phase of the treatment, the sufferer may encounter some unusual effects of Vicodin.
- These Vicodin effects are drowsiness and dizziness. However, these symptoms will be faded away over time within 2 to 3 days.
- In case these symptoms persist or last longer so seek medical assistance. Delaying to take the doctor’s advice can harsh the intensity of the withdrawals.
FDA’s guidelines for children-
This medication is approved for treating pain in children younger than six years. Therefore, if you are less than the prescribed age so, don’t go for its consumption. This medication has the active element in the high proportion and may cause side effects. Despite forbidden, if you take this medication so, you will be accountable for future concerns. In case if you are seeing someone under the overdose and withdrawals of Vicodin so call 911.
There are no reviews yet.