What is oxycontin OC 10mg used for?
Oxycontin OC 10mg exists as the second lower subset of its family and appears in the extended-release formulation. Being an extended-release formulation, it releases its fallouts (effects) in the body gradually over time. Furthermore, its properties remain in the body for up to 12 hours. In short, this form is prescribed by the doctors for the around the clock treatment. Although its generic version oxycodone is available as an immediate release. Some of the major traits of oxycodone are-
- It begins its effects promptly after the consumption of dosage.
- And its effects remain in the system for around 6 hours.
- In short, it is directed and used on an as-needed basis.
Never take any of the variants by self-understanding; firstly, meet the doctor to know about adequate one. The doctor determines the dosage after analysing several points.
Oxycontin OC 10mg is a powerful opioid, and it should be used as directed to avoid future conflicts. Therefore, if you are not familiar with its drug, begin the treatment with the lowest sunset. The dosage may go up if the necessity emerges. Although, don’t increase the prescribed dosage without the approval of the doctor. Doing so can lead to unwanted consequences.
Oxycontin OC 10mg rating in 2017 drug survey-
- The Oxycontin OC 10mg was produced and brought to market by Germany in 1916.
- It was the 47th most directed medication in the USA with more than 16 million prescriptions as per the survey results.
- Survey leads that it delivers effective results if used as per the guidelines.
- The results may turn into side effects if users skip the guidelines and norms.
Oxycontin is a drug that is combined with different active elements that enable it to function. Although some of the major characteristics of this drug are-
- Drug class- Oxycontin belongs to the drug class known as opioid narcotic. Therefore, it fiction breaks the transmission between brain and body to lessen the feeling of pain.
- Controlled substance- Oxycontin 10mg and other subsets come under the schedule 2 controlled substance. It indicates it has a high potential for misusing.
- Appearance- it has white colour and imprint of 10 on one side and OC on another side with a round shape.
Approved treatments by FDA-
- FDA accepts its usage for the management of ongoing moderate to severe pain in adults.
- The pain can be regular, irregular, chronic, and acute.
- This medication is not acceptable to use by children younger than 18 years due to its potent properties.
- Although, this medication can be integrated with some other treatments that are not mentioned here as off label treatment.
- Therefore, use this medication for the approved goals in a directed manner to avoid future conflicts.