What is Hydrocodone 7.5/500mg used for?
Hydrocodone 7.5/500mg was approved by the FDA in the USA in 2010 with its long-acting formulation. Its long-acting formulation is extended-release hydrocodone. FDA mentioned hydrocodone should not be used without the prescription of the doctor. Using opioids without the approval of the doctor can lead to harmful results. Therefore, use this medication only when the doctor approves it. Hence, contact the doctor for further information if you have any doubt.
Rating of hydrocodone in the drug survey of 2017-
- As per the survey, hydrocodone was 118th most prescribed medication for moderate to severe pain in the adult.
- There are nearly 6 million prescriptions that come in the market for hydrocodone.
- The survey concludes that it is a safe medication if it is used as per the guidelines.
- Long-term use of opioids can cause addiction and other health issues.
Hydrocodone 7.5/500mg at the initial stage-
If you are not familiar with opioids so you may encounter the effects of opioids such as drowsiness and dizziness at the initial stage. However, once the stability occurs such effects will fade away from the body. In case these effects continue with the body for more than average duration to seek medical help. Don’t try any self-understood therapy as it can be harmful. Most of the time, these effects fade away over time.
Chemical compounds and their drug configuration-
Hydrocodone 7.5/500mg is a combination medication of two elements known as acetaminophen and hydrocodone. These elements enable the hydrocodone to function in the body. This medication has a different job role and amount. For instance-
- Hydrocodone: Hydrocodone functions to degrade the distress in the form of pain. Furthermore, hydrocodone exists in this medication as the opioid pain killer.
- Acetaminophen- Acetaminophen is a non-opioid pain killer and functions to treat fever due to pain. In short, it functions to maintain the moderate temperature of the body.
The amount of both active elements in each subset is different. Hence, the amount of hydrocodone in this medication is 500mg, whereas acetaminophen is in a 7.5mg ratio. However, if you are not aware of opioids consumption, begin the treatment with the lowest subgroup of hydrocodone. To get the information about your adequate dosage, meet the doctor.
Directed treatment of hydrocodone-
- As mentioned earlier, opioids are directed for the specified duration, for instance, 2 to 3 weeks.
- However, treatment duration varies from one sufferer to another sufferer due to different health statuses.
- The doctor analyzes several aspects such as health status and previous medical history before assigning the treatment duration.
- Therefore, before reaching under treatment, take the medical consultation with a specialist to know about your adequate treatment duration.
- Besides, never push up the directed treatment duration without the doctor’s consent due to severe outcomes.
- In case if you do so, you may encounter addiction and drug dependency.
There are no reviews yet.