Showing all 1 result
- Sort by:
Klonopin: Control the seizures and similar symptomsKlonopin is the drug that ensures prevention from the seizure symptoms. It comes under the generic drug name Clonazepam. In technical terms, people also name this medication as Anticonvulsants and antiepileptics. It is a class of drugs known as Benzodiazepines. These drugs produce calming effects on the brain and nerves. They are one of the best treatment options for controlling the movements of receptors and others.
How would you take Klonopin?The first thing before starting any medication is to know about the basic rules and regulations. Hence before you go for the Klonopin dosage, make sure that you are taking medicine according to the doctor’s prescription. These are the steps in taking this medication before the onset of the drug. Follow them to get accurate and productive results:
- It is an oral medication. Take it from the mouth as per your doctor. The frequency can be 2-3 times per day.
- Make sure you are aware that the body responds to various allergies. There are many ingredients in a drug. Some of them can be harmful in terms of allergy. You must have information about the response of your body to these and other similar conditions.
- The dosage you get depends upon your age, weight, immunity, and all the other factors. This might include the DNA composition of the patient.
- It would help if you did not extend the medication duration as it can lead to severe impacts. They can include the Klonopin side-effects and effects on the body response.
- Neither make sure, nor you overdose the medication, neither you have the missed any warnings. It would lead to the development of more skin patches.
- You must not interrupt the average onset of this medication and stop it without actually consulting your doctor.
- The dosage can be related to the frequency of 2-3 times per day. However, it can change based on your response to the ongoing medication.
Side effects of the sudden stoppage of Klonopin medicationIf you are stopping the Klonopin medication suddenly or without talking to your doctor, then this is known as Klonopin withdrawal. The possible outcomes of doing it can be:
- The fatigue symptoms would bring along other effects such as confusion, mood swings, depression, seizures, sweating, and dizziness.
- You might start feeling nausea, tremors, hallucinations, suicidal thoughts, stomach pain, headache, and others.
- In some rare cases, you can also fall prey to catatonia. This condition is the accumulation of fluctuating blood pressure, respiratory problems, temperature fluctuations, insomnia, and others.
- The withdrawal is of three types: Early, acute, and late. It depends on the time when you are skipping the dosage.
- The Klonopin half-life period is 18-50 hours. It needs 2-4 days to get out of your body completely. Even then, some portion of it can sustain in your body.